Friday, March 15, 2013

Not Enough Heat

So the problem with these super hot chillies is that Ireland really doesn't have the weather for them. Some of the seeds I have require around 22-30 degrees celsius to germinate. We'd be lucky to see above 10 here at the moment.

Up to this point i've been dealing with this by placing some of my seed trays in the airing cupboard. However, I have already used up the spare room in there with the current 3 seed trays so I needed an alternative. So I ordered this:

Heated Propagator

A heated propagator. This thing is great. It's got an 8w heat cable built into its base that keeps a constant temperature of around 20 degrees, a capillary mat so I don't have to water as often, 2 seed trays and, best of all, its the exact size of my current seed trays so they can just drop straight in.

I need to pick up some more seeding compost before I plant my scorpion strains so in the mean time, I've dropped in a tray of Cayenne's.

This was actually taken at 10pm. My 6500k grow-lights are fantastic!

I've got a soil thermometer on its way, so if this proves to keep a good constant temperature all day long, I will think about picking up a second/third at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment